We’re incredibly proud to announce that we’ve partnered up with Digital Jam and will be hosting a VR Writers Room at Virtual Reality Show in London.
The VR Writers Room was a closed, invitation-only group who met regularly to discuss the future of virtual reality. Discussions were carried out via Skype, Slack, and email to allow the group to share innovation, expertise and ideation. To ensure these ideas were shared with the wider industries, four summary sessions were recorded using the Digital Jam Session podcast format and published as a 4-episode series. A white paper was published after the series was completed. The group consisted of:
- Tanya Laird: Franchise Strategist, Technologist, Futureologist
- Rhianna Pratchett: Games Industry Scriptwriter & Narrative Designer (Tomb Raider)
- Jeff Gomez: CEO of Starlight Runner, Transmedia Expert
- Charlie McDermott: Immersive Theatre Writer, Experiential Producer (Generation of Z)
- Kathleen Wallace: Theatre Writer, Lecturer
- Andi Ewington: Award-winning Comic Writer
- Dave Cook: Games Journalist, Comic Writer
- Kevin Williams: Founder of the Digital Out-Of-Home Entertainment Association
- Samat Algozhin: Framestore / The Third Floor
- Phil Harris: MMORPG Writer
After the original findings were published, Digital Jam began to host VR Writers Room Live sessions in partnership with wider groups and organisations including the likes of BAFTA and Google Campus. The approach to these sessions is to invite experts and thought leaders to join members of the original group onstage to discuss the findings of the original white paper.
As the industry evolves and matures, the discussions produced by the VR Writers Room Live sessions adapt to reflect the emerging trends, process and attitudes across the VR and Immersive Entertainment Industry.