INNOVATE UK drives productivity and growth by supporting businesses to realise the potential of new technologies, develop ideas and make them a commercial success.
WHO WE ARE: We’re an organisation of around 300 staff, drawn mainly from business. We work across the UK, with a head office in Swindon.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES: With a strong business focus, we drive growth by working with companies to de-risk, enable and support innovation. To do this, we work to:
- Determine which science and technology developments will drive future economic growth
- Meet UK innovators with great ideas in the fields we’re focused on
- Fund the strongest opportunities
- Connect innovators with the right partners they need to succeed
- Help our innovators launch, build and grow successful businesses
OUR WORK SO FAR: Since 2007, we have committed over £1.8 billion to innovation, matched by a similar amount in partner and business funding. We have helped 8,000 organisations with projects estimated to add more than £16 billion to the UK economy and create nearly 70,000 jobs.
OUR DELIVERY PLAN: Our delivery plan sets out what we will do each year to support businesses to develop ideas and commercialise new technologies.
In thewe explain how we will help fund and connect businesses to develop the new products, processes and services that will meet or define the markets of the future.